EBUS Certified Training Programme
Duration: 3 Months.
Target audience: Pulmonologist and Thoracic Surgeons
Course Description: Pre requisite – Should be comfortable with basic bronchoscopy equipment and anatomy
This course is targeted towards bronchoscopy practitioners who want to acquire further skills in endobronchial ultrasonography. Procedures are done under moderate to deep sedation in the bronchoscopic suite and this would be a another skill that the candidate will learn during this course.
Competencies that will be assessed:
- Theoretical knowledge of the anatomy
- Understanding the equipment and handling the scope
- Passing the scope safely into the airway and navigation
- Understanding mediastinal anatomy and identifying stations
- Loading the needle equipment and using a balloon
- Making appropriate passes
- How to prepare a specimen and concepts of rapid onsite evaluation
At the end of the course the candidate will be judged based on a simple post test before graduating.
For further information please contact
Dr. Tinku Joseph
Director & Chief Of Interventional Pulmonology Unit
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences,
Cochin, Kerala, India